Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Truth is...

Okay, the truth is... I would also like to ask for support, but am very uncomfortable with that!
The good news is, you don't have to give money. What I really would appreciate most is prayer support for myself and for my family here. Here are some ways you can help:

1. Pray for me:
  • Getting myself ready to go (Did I mention we have a family trip to Yellowstone planned in the meantime?)
  • Funding
  • Safe travels (12 hour layover in London, stop in Nairobi)
  • God prepares me for Rwanda and Rwanda for me
2. Pray for my family:
  • Andy will be on his own for 12 days. He can handle the single dad thing pretty well, but that's a long time!
  • The kids are not so sure about me going and they will miss their mama. I'd love for them to see this as something they could do sometime.
  • I'm still nailing down where the kids will be on Andy's work days. I think it will come together fine, but would like it to be as smooth as possible for all involved.
3. Financial Support
The truth is, I'm just hoping that the finances will work out because I do feel like it's the right time for me to do this. (Despite my stubbornness initially.) I know some of you like to support mission work and if that describes you, then feel free to give. (My church, Summit View Covenant Church can provide tax-deductible status.). For more information on the Luis Palau organization visit http://www.palau.org/. The total cost of this trip to me is about $4000.00. For more information you can email or call me. If giving money isn't your thing... then please don't give it a second thought!!

Whew, got that out of the way.
I'm sure I'll come up with something more to blog about soon... I always have SOMEthing to say!
-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment